Operational Restrictions in the United Arab Emirates
1. Road Limitation
- Maximum width: 2.44 meters (anything out of gauge prior approval from police)
- Maximum height: 5 meters
- Maximum weight (cargo + container + tractor + chassis): 37 tons Skeletal Chassis
- Maximum weight (cargo + container + tractor + chassis): 70 tons Platform Chassis
- Cargo weight should not exceed container maximum payload weight
- Two 20 footers on one chassis is allowed but the maximum weight is restricted to above mentioned.
- Gantry crane maximum capacity: 40 MT
- Non-working days:Jan 01 - New Year's Day#
Jan 10 - Pilgrimage expected to begin
Jan 19 - Arafat Day (1 day)*
Jan 20 - Eid Aal Adha (3 days)*
Feb 10 - Islamic New Year’s Day*
Apr 21 - Birthday of Prophet Mohammed*
Aug 06 - Accession of H. H. Sheikh Zayed#
Sep 01 – Lailat Al Mi’raj*
Oct 04 – Ramadan expected to begin
Nov 03 - Eid Al Fitr (3 days)*
Dec 02 - U.A.E National Day (2 days)#
* Islamic Hols/ # Fixed Hols
- None except DG restrictions as mentioned below:
- Port Rashid: Class 1 cargo not allowed. Class 7 is allowed only upon prior approvals from various Government Departments.
- Jebel Ali: Class 1 & 7 are allowed only upon prior approvals from various Government Departments
- Port Rashid & Jebel Ali: Class 2 to 9, no restrictions.
- Dangerous Cargoes IMCO classes 1.4/2.1/3.1/4.2/6.1 are allowed to be transshipped at Jebel Ali but subject to prior approval.
- With new IMCO DG Rules in force wef 1st January 2004, feeder operators have imposed restrictions on DG cargoes. Prior approval is a must before accepting booking.
- All Gas Lighter shipments require prior approval from feeder operators.
- Full name and address of Inbound Consignee/Notify Party/Also Notify Party in the country are required. PO Box is not acceptable.
- Actual piece count must be declared. The unit of Package, Skid, Pallet and Bundle are not acceptable.
- Import and import transshipment cargo manifests must be submitted to the concerned authorities 48hrs prior to vessel arrival as per Port & Customs Regulations. Hence, details have to be submitted to local office at least 72 hrs prior to vessel arrival.